In the event that any member feels that he or she has suffered discrimination in any way or that the Club Policies, Rules or Codes of Conduct have been broken, they should follow the procedures below:
1. Notification of the intention to appeal shall be made in writing to the appropriate age liaison officer or child welfare officer within 7 days of notification of the decision to be appealed against.
2. The date of notification of the decision shall be the date of the written decisions or, if applicable, the date of the written reasons for the decision.
The report should include:
a) Details of what, when and where the occurrence took place
b) Any witness statements and names
c) Names of any others who have been treated in a similar way
d) Details of any former complaints made about the incident, date, when and to
e) A preference for a solution to the incident.
3. The Club’s Management Committee will sit for any hearings that are requested.
4. Appeal proceedings shall be conducted how, when and where the Club’s
Management Committee considers appropriate.
5. The Club’s Management Committee will give no less than 7 days’ notice of the
date, time and venue of the appeal.
6. The Club’s Management Committee shall proceed in the absence of any
individual, unless it is satisfied that there are reasonable grounds for the failure of the individual to attend.
7. The Club’s Management Committee will have the power to:
a) Remove from membership any person found to have broken the Club’s Policies or Codes of Conduct.
b) Suspend from membership
c) Warn as to future conduct.
8. Decision of the Club’s Management Committee shall be final and there shall be no right of further challenge.
9. Within 7 days after the hearing, written reasons for the decision & copies of
minutes from the hearing will be sent to the individual concerned.