To read, understand & follow the FA Respect Code of Conduct at all times. As parents/guardians and spectators, we have a massive influence on the children’s enjoyment (and therefore also success) in playing football. All our children play football because they love the game – it’s fun. No matter what standard the child achieves please remember that positive encouragement will contribute to: enjoyment of the game, sense of achievement, self esteem, improving skill and technique.
As parents and supporters our expectations and attitudes also have a significant impact on the children’s attitudes towards other players, coaches, officials and spectators. Please ensure that you are always positive and encouraging towards all the children that participate – not just your own or just from your own team/club.
• Avoid telling the children what to do/how to play…..this is our fully qualified coach’s job so do not give conflicting/confusing instruction
• Please do not coach from the touch line.
• Applaud & encourage all the players – not just the best Respect the managers, coaches & officials decisions
• Use bad language or have a negative or critical attitude Ridicule a player for a mistake
• Raise your voice (even if in excitement…!)
Please remember these youngsters are not playing to satisfy your ambitions. All parents, visitors, guardians & spectators must abide by HDYFC code of conduct and child protection policy.