It’s been a tough couple of months, and we’re all missing football! But hopefully now there’s some light at the end of the tunnel. We’re really proud of all our teams, who have been observing the rules impeccably during this difficult period.
This week has seen a new announcement by the FA regarding the permitted activity. Crucially, and obviously, social distancing must be observed at all times, not to mention common sense.
The hampshire FA website has confirmed the following…
• playing football individually (individual skills or fitness activities);
• playing football with your family or other people living in your household;
• an individual can play football with one other person who is not from their household.
• coaching an adult player one-to-one.
• coaching a child (U18) from a different household one-to-one. In order to comply with our safeguarding policy, a child must have a parent/carer with them, which doesn’t comply with Government social distancing requirements;
• two or more people from one household playing with one person or more from outside their household.
Hopefully the first step of many towards the return of football, but as much as we’re keen to get back into it, safety and child welfare is our number one priority. We will keep you posted with developments and announcements.